program: Redevelopment of the Generali building positioned between Viale della Liberazione and Viale Melchiorre Gioia in Milan.
area: 17 500 m2
model floor plan: 1 700 m2
parkings: 4 400 m2
client: Generali Real Estate S.p.A. Società di gestione del risparmio, Fondo Mascagni
Alfonso Femia / Atelier(s) Alfonso Femia with
structural and services engineering: FOR Engineering Architecture
security during design and execution phases: Atelier(s) Alfonso Femia, FOR Engineering Architecture
contractor: CGG – Gilardi Costruzioni
energy levels: Classe A, LEED Gold
The existing building presents itself as an articulated and complex body to bring back to life through a new identity.
The “actions” of the project can be distinguished in:
1. overlay of two floors of the existing building;
2. reconstruction of the facades of the existing building, including the fronts towards the inner courtyard and those of the lower body;
3. redevelopment of the ground floor, including the porches and the shelter on Melchiorre Gioia;
5. implementation of new terraced areas both on the roof of the building and above the lower body on the inside of the court;
6. redevelopment of the building’s plant system, through the use of renewable sources and high-performance systems with low power consumption.
7. achievement of Class A and LEED Silver certification
8. adaptation of the building to the seismic and fire regulations currently in force.